Chocolate Custard with Custard Powder
Chocolate Custard is a creamy and delicious treat that is a great make ahead dessert that is easy to make. It is kid friendly too.
- 2 cups+3tbsps Milk ((I used 2% milk and added about 1/2 cup of cream since I had to use it))
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Custard powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- as needed Toppings of choice - Oreo cookies, Banana, berries, apple and so on
- Combine 2 cups milk and sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, whisk custard powder and cocoa in the remaining 3tbsp milk, making sure that there are no lumps.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, remove from heat and slowly add the custard powder mixture whisking continuously.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer whisking continuously until the mixture thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix vanilla extract. Let the mixture cool completely and chill it before serving.