Classic Tuna Tartare
Cake and Whisky
Few people make tuna tartare at home, intimidated by the idea of it. Though I'm not entirely sure why, as it's one of the easiest recipes ever!
- 150 g very fresh, sushi grade tuna steak
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (I like Kikkoman's)
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 avocado
- juice of lime
- small coriander bunch
- sea salt flakes
- Using a very sharp knife, dice the tuna into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Place the diced tuna into a bowl. Add in the soy sauce, sesame oil & sesame seeds. Mix to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Blitz together the avocado flesh, lime juice, leaves from a small coriander bunch and a good pinch of sea salt.
- Place the avocado puree & tuna tartare together onto a dish and serve immediately, either Spanish style (with forks) or Mexican style (with tortilla chips).