Coconut Malai Laddoo
These Coconut Malai Laddoo just melt in the mouth and are perfect to make during festivals. They are made with ricotta cheese instead of khoya.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (part skim or whole milk)
- 1 cup Condensed milk
- ½ cup Dry grated Coconut
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- pinch of saffron
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp Warm Milk
- In a small bowl, combine milk and saffron. Swirl and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed nonstick pan, cook ricotta cheese until soft and melted.
- Stir in the condensed milk, dry grated coconut and heavy cream. Mix well and cook on medium flame, stirring constantly.
- Add the saffron milk and ground cardamom. Mix well. Cook until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan, about 20~25 minutes.
- Remove the mixture onto a plate and let cool. Once cool enough to handle, form laddoos. Store them in the fridge for up to a week.