Crispy Goat Cheese Wontons with Chili Dipping Sauce
The View From the Great Island
Crispy Goat Cheese Wontons with Chili Dipping Sauce ~ crunchy little wontons filled with creamy goat cheese ~ this is the appetizer everybody goes wild for!
- for the wontons
- vegetable oil for frying
- wonton wrappers
- goat cheese
- for the Chili Sauce
- 2 parts soy sauce
- 1 part rice wine vinegar
- 1 part sesame oil
- 0.5 part hot chili sauce
- 0.5 part honey
- sesame seeds for garnish
- First make the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together with a whisk. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat two inches of oil in a 2 qt saucepan to about 350 degrees.
- Put a small dab of goat cheese in the center of each wonton wrapper. Run a wet finger around the edge and fold the wonton in half diagonally. Press with your fingers to seal the dough.
- Bring the two outer corners up and overlap them, sealing with a bit of water. You can also leave the wontons in a triangle shape, if you prefer.
- Drop the wontons in the hot oil and let fry for about a minute to a minute and a half, just until they are golden and crispy. Flip them halfway through. Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with the dipping sauce on the side.