Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots
The View From the Great Island
Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots ~ this healthy homemade candy is a quick and easy dessert or a nutritious high energy snack.
- 24 turkish apricots
- 11 ounce bag of dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate and coconut oil, if using, in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for one minute. Let sit for another minute, and then stir. Put the chocolate back in for more 15 second bursts until the chocolate is completely melted and silky. Don't over-heat or the chocolate may 'seize' up into a solid mass. Let the heat in the bowl do the final melting, while you stir.
- Dip each apricot half-way into the chocolate and set on the parchment paper. Put the tray in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate.
- You can store the dipped apricots in the refrigerator, or at room temperature.