Deconstructed Hummus Salad
The View From the Great Island
Deconstructed Hummus Salad is a simple chickpea salad with all the components of a great hummus, along with a creamy lemon tahini dressing, too...
- 0.33333333333333 cup pine nuts
- olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas
- 1 cup parsley leaves, well rinsed and dried
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Put a couple of teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet and heat on medium. Add the pine nuts and stir until toasted and browned, this will only take a few minutes. Stir constantly or they will burn. Set aside to cool.
- Drain the beans and rinse them very well. Shake off all the excess water and put them in a large bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley and add it to the bowl along with the garlic and the pine nuts.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and add enough water (maybe up to 4 tablespoons) to thin it out a bit. Give it a taste and add more salt, or lemon, if you need it.
- Toss the salad with enough dressing to coat well, and refrigerate for an hour or two to get it nice and chilled.
- Add more dressing if needed just before serving.