Easy Cazuela Recipe
You Totally Got This
Haven't tried Cazuela? You're must! This 30 minute easy cazuela recipe makes it easy. It's the ultimate winter comfort food and it's delicious.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 medium potato
- 200g g pumpkin
- 1 cob corn
- 100g g green beans
- 2 tbs fresh parsley
- 2 tbs fresh coriander
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1 pack microwave rice
- bread (regular or gluten free) to serve - optional, but yum!
- Pour the stock and water into a large saucepan, add paprika, coriander, oregano and pepper, and then bring the stock to boil.
- Meanwhile, butterfly the chicken fillet, cut into 4 pieces and sprinkle the chicken with salt on both sides. Roughly cut the potato into quarters leaving the skin on.
- When the stock has boiled add the chicken and potato to the saucepan. Bring the stock back to the boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken and potato are cooking cut 2 large pieces of pumpkin, remove the husk from the corn and cut the cob in half, and remove the ends from the green beans then slice them length ways.
- After 10 minutes, add the corn and pumpkin to the saucepan and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes then add the green beans. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. You may need to give the veggies a bit of a stir to make sure they are immersed in the stock.
- In the last 5 minutes, cook the rice in the microwave according to packet directions, and chop the parsley and coriander.
- Divide the rice between 2 bowls. Use a slotted spoon to remove equal portions of the chicken, potato, pumpkin, corn and beans into each bowl, then pour over stock. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and coriander
- Serve with a slice of fresh bread.