Easy Microwave Citrus Curd
The View From the Great Island
Easy Microwave Citrus Curd ~ turn any fresh citrus juice into a luxurious, creamy, spread in only minutes, using your microwave!
makes a small jar of curd, approximately 1 cup
- 0.75 cup granulated sugar
- 0.5 cup citrus juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (for all curds EXCEPT lemon)
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- Whisk the sugar and juice together in a medium sized microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs, making sure to get them completely broken up and smoothly incorporated.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and set for 4 minutes at full power.
- Whisk the mixture after the first and second minute. Then whisk every 30 seconds.
- The curd is ready when it has thickened. It will get lighter in color and be like a thin pudding.
- Pour the curd through a mesh strainer and then into a jar or jars. Let cool and then cap and refrigerate.
- The curd will thicken further as it chills.