The View From the Great Island
Everything Croutons will take your salad from bunny food to bodacious with their big bold crunch and outrageous flavor. Everybody loves everything!
- 1 day old baguette
- 0.5 cup olive oil
- everything spice blend
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp dehydrated onion
- 2 tbsp dehydrated garlic
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt (or sea salt)
- set oven to 350F
- Mix the spices for the 'everything' blend.
- Slice the bread into 1 inch slices. Slice those into 1 inch cubes.
- Put the bread into a large mixing bowl and drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil, tossing while you drizzle to get all the bread evenly coated. Keep tossing until all the bread looks like it has absorbed some of the oil.
- Work in batches, put some of the spice mix and some of the croutons into a paper bag and shake gently to coat the bread with the spices.
- Arrange the croutons on a baking sheet, in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes. Toss the croutons around, and then bake for another 10 minutes, or just until nice and golden.
- Let cool on the baking sheet before using. Store in a clean paper bag.