Flamin’ Cheetos Macaroni and Cheese
The View From the Great Island
Flamin' Hot Cheetos Macaroni and Cheese ~ a 30 minute meal just crazy enough to be insanely delicious!
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked to just al dente
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cups crushed or chopped Flamin' Hot Cheetos
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a heavy bottomed pot melt the butter and flour and cook, stirring, for about a minute. Add the milk and whisk or stir constantly while heating on medium heat until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Take off the heat, and sprinkle in the cheese, while stirring. When the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth, fold in the macaroni. Turn the mac and cheese into a skillet or baking dish and top with the Cheetos.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes and enjoy!