Flower Ice Cubes
The View From the Great Island
Edible Flower Ice Cubes ~ up your beverage game this season with the prettiest ice cubes ever! Fresh edible blossoms frozen right into cubes of ice dress up cocktails, soda, or plain water.
- fresh picked edible blossoms (make sure they are pesticide free)
- distilled water
- Boil the distilled water and let cool completely.
- Make sure your flowers or petals are clean and dry.
- Fill the bottom third of each ice cube square with water. Set a flower into each cube, and I recommend alternating some face down and some facing up, because it's hard to predict how they will shift as they freeze. Freeze until firm.
- Remove the silicone tray from the freezer and pour a little more water on top, about another third of the way up. Gently push the flower down if it floats. Put the tray back in the freezer until firm.
- Remove from the freezer again and top off each square with water.
- Freeze until firm, and then use or store in the freezer.