Homemade Clotted Cream
The View From the Great Island
Homemade Clotted Cream ~ this luxurious and hard to find staple of afternoon tea can be made easily right in your own kitchen!
- 2 pints heavy cream
- a heavy casserole dish
- set your oven to 180F
- Pour the cream into the casserole dish. It should come up about 1-3 inches on the side.
- Set the dish, uncovered, in the oven and leave undisturbed for 12 hours. Be sure to leave the oven on the whole time. I do this overnight.
- Remove the dish from the oven and set to cool. Then cover and refrigerate.
- The next morning scoop the thickened cream into a jar or jars, and cover and put back in the refrigerator. You can use the leftover cream for baking..
- Spread the clotted cream on freshly baked scones.