Homemade Creme Fraiche
The View From the Great Island
Homemade Crème Fraîche ~ with just 2 ingredients you can make your own thick and creamy crème fraîche ~ no more last minute trips to the supermarket to buy one of those overpriced little tubs!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp cultured buttermilk
- Pour the cream into a clean jar or small bowl. Stir in the buttermilk.
- Cover with a clean dishcloth and let sit at a warm room temperature for 12 to 18 hours until it is thickened.
- Stir it, and cover tightly.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. It will last 2 weeks in the refrigerator.