Homemade Lip Scrub
The View From the Great Island
Skip the beauty aisle and make your own Homemade Lip Scrub with all natural sugar and almond oil ~ it works and it tastes great, too!
- a couple of small plastic containers
- 0.25 cup white sugar
- almond oil
- a drop of almond extract
- a small touch of food coloring
- Mix up your scrub using just enough oil to make a loose paste consistency. Adjust the amount of oil or sugar if you need to. If you're using paste food coloring you will only need a pin prick amount, and you can add it to the oil first so it will disperse.
- Pack it firmly into your jars and you're ready to scrub.
- Just scoop out a little with your finger and scrub on and around your lips with little circular motions. Don't wet your lips first, since the water will dissolve the sugar before the job is done.
- Rinse off. Do this every day to beat the winter dryness!