Homemade Pumpkin Liqueur
The View From the Great Island
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Liqueur is creamy, lightly spiced and so easy to make at home. The result is fresher and more delicious than anything you can buy!
makes about 1 quart
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 0.33333333333333 cup confectioner's sugar
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp ground cloves
- 0.25 tsp ground allspice
- 2 cup dark rum
- Pu the cream, pumpkin, sugar, and spices in a saucepan, stirring to combine everything. Heat gently for a few minutes, but do not bring to a simmer.
- Let cool slightly and then add the vanilla and the rum.
- Line a mesh strainer with cheesecloth and strain the mixture into clean bottles.
- Keeps for a month in the refrigerator.