How to Make Gluten Free Pasta Salad That Actually Tastes Fabulous
The View From the Great Island
How to Make Gluten Free Pasta Salad That Actually Tastes Fabulous ~ gluten free pasta is a great invention, but it doesn't perform very well cold, which is big problem for summer pasta salads. I've got some tips and tricks to help you create the gluten free pasta salad of your dreams!
- 12 ounces gluten free pasta
- 0.25 cup each:
- minced red onion
- sliced black and /or green stuffed olives
- radishes, sliced or cut in small wedges
- toasted pine nuts
- 0.33333333333333 cup each:
- chopped bell peppers
- rainbow carrots (sliced)
- cherry tomatoes (halved)
- persian cucumber (diced)
- 0.33333333333333 cup crumbled feta, blue, or other cheese
- dressing (shake together and taste to adjust any of the ingredients)
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp champagne vinegar (or your favorite)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Cook the pasta in plenty of well salted water until completely tender. Taste often toward the end of cooking.
- Drain and rinse the pasta in cold water until it is cool, then drain again to remove any excess water. Put into a large serving bowl and toss with some of the dressing to moisten.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss gently to combine. Add dressing to taste, and garnish with crumbled cheese.