How To Make Swirled Chocolate Bark
The View From the Great Island
How To Make Swirled Chocolate Bark for an easy last minute holiday food gift --- the combinations are endless and the result is stunning!
depending on how you cut it, makes about 1 to 2 dozen pieces of bark
- peanut Butter Bark
- 1 package dark chocolate chips
- 0.25 package peanut butter chips
- peppermint Bark
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 hersey's Candy Cane Bar, cut into pieces.
- For the Peanut Butter Bark, put the chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Do the same for the peanut butter chips. Make sure your bowls are clean and dry.
- Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Microwave the chocolate chips for one minute on high. Remove and stir.
- Microwave the peanut butter chips for 30 seconds on high. Remove and stir.
- If the chocolate is not completely melted and smooth, put it back in the microwave for 15 second bursts until it is. Do the same for the peanut butter.
- Pour the chocolate out onto the lined baking sheet. Spread it out into a rectangle shape, approximately 7x10 or 8x11 inches. The size is flexible, don't stress about it.
- When you've got your rectangle evenly smoothed out, pour the next layer on top, drizzling it in stripes, either the long way, or horizontally. Then take a skewer and drag it through the surface to make swirls.
- Let the bark harden before cutting into pieces. I like to set my tray right in the refrigerator, but be sure it is level.
- Store the bark in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- For the Peppermint Bark the instructions are the same.