How to Dry Cherry Tomatoes
The View From the Great Island
How to dry cherry tomatoes ~ this is an easy method for preserving summer tomatoes for use in salads, pastas, cheese plates, and more!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (washed and dried)
- olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice the tomatoes in half, and gently give them a squeeze to remove some of the excess liquid.
- Toss the tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt, and fresh cracked black pepper. Set them, cut side up, on the parchment paper.
- Put the tomatoes in the oven for 4 hours. They should be shriveled and ugly, but they taste amazing.
- You can put the cooled tomatoes in a jar with fresh rosemary and oil. That will keep in the refrigerator for about a month. You can also freeze them in a zip lock freezer bag, or just gobble them all down, which is what I recommend.