How to Make Homemade Almond Paste!
The View From the Great Island
How to Make Homemade Almond Paste ~ this is easy, fresh, authentic almond paste made super quick and easy in your food processor.
makes 1 1/2 cups paste
- 1 and 1/2 cups, or 185 grams, blanched almonds (the skinless ones)
- 1 and 1/2 cups, or 163 grams, confectioner's sugar
- 1 egg White
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Put the almonds in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the sugar, egg white, salt, and extract and process until smooth and the dough starts to come together in a lump.
- Turn out to a surface and form into a smooth log. Wrap tightly in plastic.
- Refrigerate for up to one month. Freeze for longer storage.