Iced Cucumber and Yogurt Soup
The View From the Great Island
Iced Cucumber and Yogurt Soup is the refreshing answer when it's too hot to eat.
- 0.5 english seedless cucumber, about a 6-7 inch piece
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (approximate) fresh dill
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 0.25 tsp onion salt
- 0.25 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- micro-greens or
- fresh dill
- halved tiny tomatoes
- slivered snap peas
- drizzle of olive oil
- You can peel the cucumber, or not, according to your taste. The English cukes have soft edible skin that hasn't been waxed. I left a little bit on for a touch of color, but peeled most of it. Chop it in large chunks and add to the bowl of a food processor filled with the metal blade. Give the machine about 20 pulses, until the cucumber is pureed but retains a little texture.
- Add the yogurt and dill and pulse about 10 more times. Pulse in the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the soup to a bowl and refrigerate for a few hours until nice and cold.
- Serve in small glasses topped with garnishes of your choice. If the soup seems too thick, thin it with a little cold water.