It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere Friday: Baked Jalapeno Poppers
The View From the Great Island
Baked Jalapeno Poppers are a healthier version of the decadent fried appetizer ~ these guys are just as addictive as the originals, without all the guilt!
- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 0.5 cup finely shredded Manchego cheese
- 0.5 cup finely shredded Iberico cheese
- 0.25 cup goat cheese
- handful of stuffed green olives
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 350F
- Halve your peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes. Set on a baking sheet.
- Mix the cheeses, olives, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, and finish under the broiler to get a nice brown color.
- Serve hot with Crema Mexicana and lime wedges on the side.