Lazy No Bake Thin Mints
The View From the Great Island
Lazy No Bake Thin Mint Cookies ~ you can make a dozen of these super easy no bake treats quicker than you can say Girl Scout Cookie!
- 15 nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 8 oz Baker's Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate (8 squares)
- 0.25 tsp peppermint extract (or oil)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces
- Put the chocolate into a small microwave safe bowl. I like to use a 4 cup glass measuring cup because it is a good shape for dipping the cookies.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir the chocolate and microwave again in 15 second bursts, stirring in between, just until most of the chocolate is melted. Remaining lumps will melt as you stir. Don't overheat the chocolate.
- Stir in the peppermint extract. Start with 1/4 teaspoon and taste it. Add a touch more if you like.
- Using a fork, dip the cookies very gently in the chocolate to coat on both sides. Let the excess chocolate drip off before setting the cookies down on the baking sheet.
- Let set at room temperature, and then store in the refrigerator.