Microwave Sweet Potato Chips
You Totally Got This
Yes, you can make microwave sweet potato chips that are super crunchy. Warning, they are highly addictive. Get the recipe here...
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Cut the sweet potato into paper thin slices, using a mandolin, or very sharp knife. It’s very important that the slices are super thin so the chips crisp up in the microwave.
- Put the sweet potato in a bowl, add the olive oil and salt, and stir until all the slices are coated. If your sweet potato is on the bigger side you may need to add a little more olive oil.
- Line your microwave turntable plate with baking or parchment paper and arrange the sweet potato slices in a single layer on top, so none of the slices are overlapping.
- Cook in the microwave until the chips are just starting to brown and the edges curled. It takes the chips between 4 1/2 to 5 minutes to cook in my microwave, but since everyone’s microwave is different, start checking on the chips every 30 seconds from about 3 minutes. If some of the smaller slices are cooking more quickly, you can remove them and continue cooking the rest. If the slices around the edge seem to be cooking more quickly switch them with the ones in the middle so they cook more evenly.
- Once done, remove the chips from the microwave on to a plate to cool. When you first remove them, some of the chips may still be a little soft in the middle, but they should firm up after a couple of minutes.
- Repeat the process with the remaining sweet potato slices.