Minimal Monday: Black Bean, Corn and Mango Salsa with Homemade Tortillas
The View From the Great Island
Black Bean, Corn and Mango Salsa with Homemade Tortillas ~ nothing is quicker or easier than salsa. Except maybe homemade tortillas.
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 ears corn, blanched in boiling water for about 2 minutes, then remove the kernals
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 3 baby bell peppers, assorted colors (diced)
- 0.25 large red onion (finely diced)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (finely diced)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 large handful cilantro leaves (minced)
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Put the ingredients into a large bowl and mix.
- Check the seasonings and adjust if necessary, then refrigerate until chilled.