Miso Alphabet Soup
The View From the Great Island
Miso Alphabet Soup ~ healthy, easy, and fun Miso Alphabet Soup is a 15 minute meal that introduces kids of all ages to a classic Japanese dish.
- 4 cups chicken broth (you can also beef broth, veggie broth, or water)
- 4 ounces small alphabet shaped pasta
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 10 ounces firm or extra firm tofu
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- Bring the stock or water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the alphabet pasta and boil gently until done, about 6 minutes, or according to the package directions.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes, and thinly slice the green onions, and set aside.
- When the pasta is tender, take the soup off the heat. Stir in the miso paste, and then add the tofu.
- Serve in small bowls, garnished with the sliced green onions.