Mushroom, Jalapeno & Cilantro Salsa
The View From the Great Island
Mushroom, Jalapeno, and Cilantro Salsa is a unique and super healthy appetizer that's just perfect with a batch of homemade tortilla chips!
- 16 ounces fresh white mushrooms (finely diced)
- small red onion (finely diced)
- 2 jalapenos (finely diced)
- handful of fresh cilantro (diced)
- 0.75 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ((divided))
- salt to taste
- In a bowl combine the mushrooms, onion, jalapeno and cilantro. Add the lime juice and olive oil and toss gently. Salt to taste
- Let sit for a couple of hours allowing the flavors to meld. This salsa is best served at room temperature.
- Serve as a topping for fish, chicken, grilled steak, or as an appetizer with a basket of your favorite chips.
- Makes 3 cups.