New Potato Salad with 30-Second Aioli
The View From the Great Island
New Potato Salad with 30 Second Aioli is the potato salad of your dreams, made with an extraordinary creamy, garlicky aioli, from scratch, in just seconds!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 cup olive oil (I used O Roa
- salt to taste
- new Potato Salad
- 1 pound baby new potatoes
- freshly made aioli
- 1 bunch green onions
- a palmful of fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the aioli, put everything in a wide mouthed Mason jar, or other similarly shaped jar. Put your immersion blender into the jar and rest on the bottom. Turn it on and blend the contents, gently lifting the blender up as the contents emulsify. Give it a final stir with a spoon and season it if you like. You can add salt and pepper, or a squeeze of lemon juice. Store the aioli in a closed jar in the refrigerator, and eat within a week.
- For the salad, boil the potatoes in salted water just until tender. If your potatoes are very small this won't take long. Drain and rinse well in cold water to stop the cooking.
- Halve the potatoes and add to a large bowl. Give the potatoes a first coating of aioli so it can start to sink into the potatoes. Add the green onions, dill, salt and pepper, and more aioli. Keep refrigerated until needed.
- You'll have leftover aioli, use it as a dip for fries, or fresh veggies.