An easy recipe, on how to make orange jam at home.
- 1 kg oranges
- 750 g sugar
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- Grate the orange zest and let them sit in a big bowl covered with water overnight.
- The next day, rinse them under fresh water and set aside.
- Fill a big pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the oranges and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the water, rinse under fresh water and set aside.
- Discard the boiling water, add fresh water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the oranges and cook again for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat this process 4-5 times.
- Then, let the oranges cool slightly, and cut them into chunks.
- Put the orange chunks, sugar and water in the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let them simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the syrup starts to thicken.
- Make sure to remove the foam that forms while cooking.
- Pour the jam into sterilized jars and save it for up to 1 year.