Pasta Primavera Packets with Lemon Balsamic Glaze
The View From the Great Island
Healthy Pasta Primavera Packets are a delicious 30 minute meal ~ unwrap your own steaming package of pasta topped with colorful veggies and herbs!
- 6 oz pasta, cooked for only half the recommended time
- 6 +tbsp good olive oil
- 0.33333333333333 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 0.25 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 0.5 yellow or red bell pepper, cut into matchstick slices
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut in matchstick slices
- 1 pint mixed heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls baby asparagus, sliced in 2 inch pieces
- 2 baby artichokes, trimmed and cut in small wedges
- 2 baby beets, peeled and cut in small wedges
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- fresh dill and thyme
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- 4 sheets of parchment paper, approx 15"x15"
- 0.5 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Lemon juiced
- Set oven to 350F
- Take half of the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half. Leave the rest whole.
- Toss the cooked pasta the olive oil, along with the pine nuts, onions, bell peppers, squash and tomatoes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanche the artichoke and beets for about 2 minutes, or just until the raw edge is gone. Add the asparagus in for the last minute. Drain and add to the pasta.
- Toss everything well, along with the fresh dill and thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Add more olive oil if the mixture seems a little dry.
- Spoon individual portions onto the parchment paper. Bring up two sides and fold over like a lunch bag. Fold the opposite sides, tucking them underneath so the packet will stay closed.
- Cut a small slit in each bag for steam venting.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Open the packets and add some shavings of Parmesan and a drizzle of the Lemon Balsamic Glaze.
- To make the glaze, heat the vinegar and lemon juice in a small saucepan until it comes to a boil. Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes until reduced and thickened. Set aside.