Pasta with Fresh Peas, Lemon and Mint
The View From the Great Island
Pasta with Fresh Peas Lemon and Mint ~ a fresh and easy 30 minute meal that's definitely not the same old pasta night ~ the family's going to love this!
- ¾ lb of your favorite pasta
- 2 cups fresh shelled peas
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or thinly sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 bunch fresh mint, sliced in fine ribbons
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- Cook your pasta in lots of salted boiling water. Time it for a few minutes less than the package directions for true al dente. For the last minute of cooking, put the peas into the pot and bring the water back to a boil. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and saute the garlic and red pepper flakes for a few minutes, don’t let the garlic brown.
- Add wine and lemon juice to the pan and let the liquid cook down for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and fresh mint. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Add the cooked pasta and peas directly into the pan and toss to combine everything well.
- Toss with the grated cheese and taste for seasoning.
- Serve with more grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese, fresh black pepper and the toasted pine nuts.