Quick Pickled Jalapeños
The View From the Great Island
Quick Pickled Jalapeños ~ these easy homemade pickled peppers are ready in the time it takes you to slice your jalapeños!
- 1 pound jalapenos (washed)
- 1.25 cups white vinegar
- 1.25 cups filtered water
- 1-2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp white peppercorns
- 0.5 tsp coriander pods
- 0.5 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 0.5 tsp whole cloves
- 6 green cardamom pods, crushed (don't lose the seeds!)
- Wash and trim the stems from your peppers. Slice them and put them into a clean quart sized jar. I add the seeds, too, but if you like things a little less spicy, you can leave them out.
- Mix the water, vinegar, sugar (if using) and spices in a bowl or large measuring cup with a spout. If you're using the sugar, be sure to stir until it has completely dissolved. Pour the liquid, and spices, over the peppers. Note: if the liquid doesn't completely cover the peppers, add more vinegar.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- The peppers will keep up to 2 months.