Rustic Pluot Tart
The View From the Great Island
Have a slice of this Rustic Pluot Tart for breakfast with a good strong cup of coffee. A dab of creme fraiche couldn't hurt, either.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 6 ripe plums or pluots
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbs unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Set oven to 400F
- Roll out the pastry sheet, just a smidge, on a floured surface till it measures about 12" long. I didn't increase the width. Transfer to a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Run a sharp knife around the edges, about 1/2 inch in, to form a frame. Don't cut all the way through the pastry. Prick the insides of the frame all over with a fork. Put the crust in the refrigerator.
- Slice the fruit into thin wedges (don't peel), you should have between 2 and 3 cups. Toss with the sugar and set aside. Stir a few times while you are preparing the rest of the tart to get the juices flowing.
- Mix all the above ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread the almond mixture over the pastry crust, it doesn't have to be perfect. Top with the sliced plums and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the crust is golden and the fruit is bubbling.