Shaved Apple and Radish Salad
The View From the Great Island
The pastel shades of this Shaved Apple and Radish Salad just scream spring --- it's perfect for a Mother's Day or Easter brunch, or maybe a date night dinner for two --- I feel lighter and healthier just looking at it!
- 1 medium or 2 small watermelon radishes
- several regular small radishes
- 1 small apple, I used a Gala
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 cup toasted hazelnuts (rough chopped)
- fresh mint leaves
- shavings of Wisconsin Cheddar
- o Honey Apple Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp O Honey Apple Vinegar
- 1 tbsp O Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pinch of salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Set your mandoline sliver to the thinnest setting. I set mine just below 1/8 inch. Do a few test slices to see what works best for you. Slice the radishes and the apple. I immediately squeeze the lemon juice on the apple slices to prevent browning, be sure to coat all the surfaces.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and taste to adjust any of the components.
- Toss the radishes and apple slices with the dressing, and then arrange on a platter, along with the mint and nuts. Top with the cheese, and serve right away.