Skinny Microwave Potato Chips
The View From the Great Island
Skinny Microwave Potato Chips ~ these healthy homemade potato chips cook right in the microwave, they're low fat, gluten free, Paleo, and Whole 30 friendly!
- 1 russet potato (the kind you use for baking)
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, or an herb blend for sprinkling
- Scrub your potato and dry it with a dish towel. Do not peel.
- Slice the potato as thin as you can on your mandoline slicer. Try the 1/8 inch setting. The slices should come out whole, but very thin and flexible.
- Put the slices into a bowl and drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat. Use your hands and make sure every slice is coated.
- Put a piece of paper towel or parchment paper on the carousel of your microwave and lay out a single layer of potato slices.
- Microwave for anywhere from 2 1/2 to 4 minutes, depending on your microwave, how big your potato slices are, and how thickly you sliced them. Watch through the window and when they turn evenly golden brown, they're done. Stop the machine to check on them if necessary, and pull out any chips that brown earlier than the others. Repeat for the rest of the slices, and you can reuse your paper liner.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, or any other herb blend you like.