Vanilla Chai Snickerdoodles
The Honey Blonde
These vanilla chai snickerdoodles are inspired by my favorite tea. They the sweet and soft cookie is covered in a generous layer of delicious spiced sugar.
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 0.5 tsp cloves
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp ginger
- 0.25 tsp all spice
- beans from 1 vanilla pod (optional)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 0.5 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1.75 cup flour
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- of salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the spice mixture ingredients until the vanilla bean is incorporated throughout and not clumped together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Slowly mix into the butter-sugar mixture until all the flour has just been incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Scoop about 1-2 tbsp of dough onto a baking sheet. Roll the dough in the palms of your hands into a round ball. Then roll the dough ball in the sugar-spice mixture until completely covered. Place the dough back on the baking sheet, 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.