White Toasted Almond Bark with Sea Salt
The View From the Great Island
White Chocolate Almond Bark with Sea Salt
- 1 cup whole raw almonds, skin on
- 2 oz 10 bags of white chocolate chips or 20 oz of any good white chocolate, chopped in pieces
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- sea salt, ground fairly fine
- Set oven to 350F
- Put the nuts on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Give the pan a shake from time to time, and watch carefully for the last 5 minutes. You want the almonds to get dark roasted, but not burnt. Set the pan aside and let the nuts cool on the pan.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat, parchment paper, or non stick foil.
- Put the white chocolate and the butter or oil in a glass microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for a minute. Keep heating, checking, and stirring until the chocolate is melted. If you are using chips they won't look melted until you stir them.
- When the chocolate is melted and smooth, add in the almonds and quickly spread out the mixture on the lined baking sheet.
- Dust the warm chocolate with sea salt, being careful to get it evenly distributed across the bark.
- Set the pan in the refrigerator to cool until fully set, at least an hour.
- Break apart the bark into whatever size pieces you choose.
- Try not to eat it all before you can give some of it away.