Whole Roasted Kabocha Squash with Chipotle Butter
The View From the Great Island
Make a grand entrance with my Whole Roasted Kabocha Squash with Chipotle Butter and 'carve' it right at the table --- then get ready for rave reviews.
- 1 kabocha squash (generally 3 -4 pounds)
- chipotle butter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- pinch salt (if you use unsalted butter)
- Set oven to 400F
- Set squash on a baking sheet and use a small sharp knife to pierce the top a few times.
- Bake for an hour, or until a sharp knife pierces the flesh easily.
- Slice wedges out of the squash and remove the seeds and fibers with a spoon. Serve hot with Chipotle Butter.
- To make the chipotle butter, mix the butter with the chili powder and blend until everything is completed mixed. If you used unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to taste. Put the butter in a small jar and refrigerate until needed.